Key points on how to send a dog alone on the plane:First, understand that animals travel in a special compartment for animals that is pressurized and temperature-controlled, just like the passengers’ compartment. Then, you must comply with the airline’s regulations:
- The dimensions of the pet carrier must be correct.
- The pet carrier must be approved; not all carriers are, even if they claim to be.
- The pet must have all the necessary documentation in order: passport, microchip, vaccinations, etc.
- The animal must meet all the veterinary requirements of the destination country.
- It must fulfil all conditions for travel, and the pet’s veterinarian must certify that it is fit to travel.
- Depending on the destination, specific quarantine requirements may apply.